New Year Initiatives For Your Business
My achievements so far are modest, but I’m confident that I am heading in the right direction. I’m not foolish enough to expect instant results – to establish a well respected and trusted business takes years.
What I’ve achieved in 2011:
- I made the decision in April to set up a business as a social media consultant.
- I launched this website having had little experience of WordPress, and have learnt so much more about the software during the year.
- I took advantage of free resources – Business Link, ebusiness club, Angle, and HMRC workshops, thus educating myself on many aspects of business and marketing
- I attended a number of paid seminars and workshops
- I have realised that social media is just one marketing technique and it must combined with a range of tools for an integrated approach – hence I have educated myself on various other marketing techniques.
- I set up a Twitter account and a Facebook Page and worked very hard to build up an engaged community of followers. This has begun to generate interest and enquiries.
- I have added training/coaching to my range of social media services
- I have joined a business mentoring group which I feel sure will add value to my future development.
- I’ve taken on the role of Operations Assistant at my local 4Networking group. This will consolidate my networking activities and help me to become better known in the area.
- I’ve established closer relations with a few business colleagues and have scheduled collaborative projects for next year.
My Plans for 2012:
- Consolidate my networking activities and concentrate on building trust with a range of local businesses.
- Continue and develop an initiative (in collaboration with others) to help business mums with young children who want to network but are hindered by lack of childcare / inconvenient timing of meetings.
- Deliver social/digital media training workshops at venues in the local area.
- Gain experience in public speaking (hopefully no. 3 will help with this)
- Target specific business niches to market my social/digital media services.
- Establish a client base for social media management programmes.
- Get involved with live-tweeting/blogging events
- Further develop my WordPress skills so that I can offer website/blog setup as an additional service.
- Establish additional collaborative partners in order to broaden my range of services.
- Last but not least – I will not allow those who have set themselves up as my enemies (in my personal life) to get in the way of my business aspirations!
I’d love to hear your plans for 2012 and what you’ve learned from this year – please share in the comments 🙂 And a VERY Happy New Year to my readers!
Need digital media marketing advice? Take action now – contact me on 01777 249075
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org